BOSCO INFORMATION SERVICE #3163
THE SECOND SESSION OF THE SCHOOL EXCHANGE PROGRAMME.
ANDHERI-MUMBAI, OCTOBER 09, 2012: The second School Exchange Programme was held on September 28, 2012 at St. Dominic Savio High School. Thirty two students attended the programme ; seventeen students from the Young Indian School and fifteen from St. Dominic Savio School attended this programme.
Ms. Farha & Ms Nazia from the Young Indian School & Ms. Sarita from St. Dominic Savio High School accompanied the students.
· The programme was initiated with a song-Mera Bhi to Adhikar Hai
· Two skits and presentation of charts depicting their views about Child Rights and Child Labour was put up by the Young Indians School Students.
· Don Bosco Balprafulta staff screened a PPT on Child Rights and Responsibilities.
· There was a Review of action Plan which the students had presented in their own schools and they briefed it to the students.
· St. Dominic Savio School students came up with a future plan :
Ø To form a students’ group which will be named “Young Social Crusaders”
Ø Make an impact in the neighbourhood :
§ Presentations in society gatherings
§ Interviews with some child labourers in the vicinity
§ Organizing Each one teach one programme in their locality
§ Identify students within their own school who wish to learn and teach them at least twice a month.
· The Young Indians School had come up with the following action plan and presented it at the session:
Ø Prepared 2 skits, one on Child Labour and the other on Gender Equity.
Ø They had also conducted a Discussion in the assembly on Child Rights.
· The programme ended with a screening of the movie “Ek Naya Suraj” .
All the students participated enthusiastically and came up with brilliant ideas which they will implement in the future.
BOSCO BIS INFORMATION SERVICE (BIS) MUMBAI
Don Bosco Provincial House,
Matunga, Mumbai - 400 019. INDIA
News Blog: http://bismumbai.blogspot.com