BIS #4577 BIBLE FIESTA AT DBYC

by Joseph Rodrigues 

PUNE, OCT 6, 2015: A Bible quiz was held for the Catholic youth of Pune at Don Bosco Youth Centre (DBYC) on Sunday on October 4.

The programme saw nearly 150 youth in attendance from ten parishes in the diocese. 

The purpose was to create a platform for the youth to get to know one another, and facilitate a deeper understanding and love for the Bible through quizzes, games and puzzles; fuelled with loads of fun and healthy competition.

"I always look forward to an event organised by the Salesian brothers and this year too I've enjoyed myself," remarked Allan Thomas from the parish of Mother Teresa, Hadapsar. 


Philomena Antao from St. Sebastian, Daund said, "I was eagerly waiting for this day. My group had prepared themselves well for the quiz. I was amazed by the concept and creativity of this quiz. It was a fun evening. I learnt a lot and made some new friends."

The community of DBYC left no stone unturned in preparing the youth for the quiz. Even the untimely rains and power-cuts on the day of the event did not deter the spirit of the organisers and participants. 

Admist a lot of fun, the event helped the youth grow deeper in faith.