BIS #5574 DOCTOR’S DAY AT DON BOSCO


by Mehtab Shinde
PUNE, JULY 9, 2018: To mark International Doctors’ Day, students of standard 10A of Don Bosco School, Pune invited all past pupils of the school who are now doctors, and felicitated them, during the special assembly they conducted for the school students on July 3.
The class teacher, Suryakant under the guidance of the Principal, Father Bosco D’Mello, planned the event much in advance. Invitations were sent to the doctors from the institution through social media channels. The word spread and 16 doctors attended the event.
The Chief Guests for the day were Doctor Siddharth Dhende, Deputy Mayor of Pune city and a doctor by profession; and Dean of Sassoon Hospital, Doctor Sudhakar Ranpise.
A teacher welcomed all the doctors, who were invited on stage and felicitated with flowers and a memento that read, ‘May your days be wonderful and healthy like you make it for others. We thank you our beloved Boscoite doctors.’
The doctors were nostalgic when took to the dais, two to three decades after passing out from the institution. Doctor Siddharth Dhende said, “A single efficient teacher can create a 1000 kings, a 1000 heroes and a 1000 doctors but all of them together can’t create a single efficient teacher, so however great is my position, it is because of my teachers and I will never forget that.”
Doctor Kishore Gore, a dietician and CEO of a multi national company said, “I hail from a very poor family, we lived in slums but I was very fortunate to get admission in Don Bosco because it is this school that has carved me into what I am today.  If I am capable of handling a company of 600 employees efficiently, the credit goes to my school, my teachers and the Principal Father Edward.”