BIS #5637 PLAYING WITH COLOURS

by Brother Jittin Mathew

 MUMBAI, SEPTEMBER 13, 2018:  It was a festivity of colour at Bosco Boys Home in Borivli, as fifty-five boys from the Home, participated in a drawing competition, which was organised by the Non-Governmental Organisation, U&I, in conjunction with the management and staff of the Home on September 12.

The theme for the competition was Christmas and New Year. The theme was selected keeping in mind the positivity, which comes through these two occasions. The youth showed off their creativity, with the guidance of volunteers from the NGO. 

Aryan Yadav took home top honours. "The more I play with colours on paper, the more I can experience the beauty of art and creativity. Expressing myself through painting allows me to take part in an activity that is fun and fulfilling. It encourages me to look at situations with an open and creative mind. I apply the lessons learned through painting to various situations in my life.
My critical reasoning skills also have developed better as I learn, on my own, to make decisions on what works and what doesn't," Yadav said.

"The more you encourage your little ones to explore their creativity, the more pleasantly surprised you will be. Just leave a child with a blank sheet of paper and some colours –you will get to witness your little Da Vinci come alive. The creative talent in children is infinite and amazing, so much so that even the entire universe may seem like a small canvas to them," Prinyaka Shah, a volunteer said.