BIS #5657 SALESIAN LAY BROTHERS SERVING THE YOUNG

by Brother Jittin Mathew 

MUMBAI, OCT 7, 2018: Twenty students f
rom the four-wheeler department of Bosco Boys Home and Technical Institute, Borivli, attended a special two-hour session on the automobile industry on October 4 and 5.

Salesian Lay Brothers, Titus D’ Mello and Anthony D’ Souza conducted the sessions. They are experts in the field of automobile engineering and have sound technical experience. Salesian Lay Brothers are those who choose to live their Salesian vocation in the lay state or in their field of profession and will not become priests in the near foreseeable future.

Brother D’Mello conducted the first session on October 4. He explained to the students the basic components of an automobile, the growth which took place in the automobile industry in the last 20 years and expected growth and new initiatives to be explored by the industry.

Brother D’ Souza addressed similar issues on the second day, explaining to students the basic ideas of engineering drawing related to automobile repairs. “I really enjoyed my time with these youngsters. They are talented and hardworking, they are our future and it is our duty to mould them into good human beings,” Brother D’Souza, said.

“It was for the first time that I was taught by a lay brother and I was really impressed by the way they carried themselves and the creative and interesting way they passed on their knowledge to the class. Not even for once, I felt bored or sleepy. Truly I enjoyed the class and the friendly interaction with the brothers.  I hope they do come again and take more classes for us,” Nikhil Shinde, a student, said.

 “I am happy that the brothers readily accepted my invitation, shared some of their valuable time with the students and passed on to them their priceless knowledge. I would like to add, a Salesian Lay Brother’s vocation asks for profound selfless sacrifices. I appreciate their hard work and pray that they remain faithful to their vocation and encourage more youngsters to become honest citizens,” Deacon Romero D’Souza, the vice principal of the Institute, said.