BIS #5736 SOARING HIGH WITH MY DAD

 by Sayali Anil Patare

PUNE, JAN 23, 2019: On the onset of Makar Sankrati, Don Bosco Primary school, Pune organised a ‘Kite Festival’ for all the parents and students of class one to four, bringing to life the festivities on January 18.

The programme took place on the school premises in the afternoon and was lead by teachers Archana Misal and Sharon D’Souza under the guidance of the Principal, Father Bosco D'Mello and Sangeeta Patil, the supervisor.

The programme commenced with a prayer service helping students know the importance of Makar Sankranti. The day is believed to be the commencement of the Spring season in India.

According to legend, Makar Sankranti commemorates the father-son relationship. In lieu with this, fun games were conducted by the class teachers for the students and their fathers, so as to share and uplift familial bonds. The mothers also participated enthusiastically. Kite-flying by the fathers and sons was the highlight of the event.

Parents and students were given spot prizes to keep the momentum going. The highest soaring kite award was bagged by Atif Sayyed from standard 4A and his father. “I am so happy to win this prize for the second time in a row. I’m thankful to my dad for teaching me to fly the kite,” Sayyed said.

Awards were also given for hand made kites, which were bagged by Mujavar Sayyed of standard 2A and Maverick Naigam of standard 1C. The award for unique kite was won by Annam Hansel of standard 1C.

“ I would like to thank the Principal, Father Bosco D'Mello and all the primary school staff for giving us an opportunity to make some time for our kids and spend quality time with them. Also I am very grateful for having got a chance to re-live my childhood,” Zameer Sayyed, a parent said.

I thank the management for a wonderful experience that we as parents could share with our children. This is the only school which takes the effort to have such events to strengthen familial bonds,” Anil Sahane, a father said.

“I am so happy my parents came to school for me and also played all the fun games with me,” Cynthia Salve of standard 1B said.